Ingredients (4 servings):
1. Peeled and chopped/grated bottle gourd: 3 cups
2. Ghee: 2 tbspn
3. Sugar or jaggery: 5 tbspn (add more if required)
4. Cloves: 3-4
5. Salt: pinch
6. Mawa (condensed milk): 200 gm
7. Crushed cardamom from 3-4 pods or 1/2 tspn
8. Nutmeg: pinch
1. Heat the ghee in a wok
2. Add cloves and switch off heat.
3. Add bottle gourd, switch on heat, cover with a heavy lid and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
4. Add the condensed milk, sugar/jaggery, cardomom and nutmeg and mix well. Rest for 10 minutes after switching off heat. Serve warm or chilled as you prefer.
This can be eaten by itself or along with phulka.